In the show Raymond Blanc puts nine couples through their paces to see if they have what it takes to run their own restaurant. More than 1,000 new restaurants open every year in Britain; unfortunately, approximately 50% close within two years. The Restaurant features couples, some of whom have little or no experience other than cooking at home and throwing dinner parties, but whose dream is to run their own eatery. They have to create their perfect restaurant and then open the doors to the paying public. Their first crucial decision – who will take on the kitchen and who is best equipped to run the front of house? It's a dream that many couples have entertained. Secretly perhaps we all think we could run a restaurant. It's so simple. Lots of us can cook. We have all been to restaurants. We all think we know what people like to eat. If only we had the money and the opportunity.

The Restaurant - Netflix

Type: Reality

Languages: English

Status: Ended

Runtime: 60 minutes

Premier: 2007-08-29

The Restaurant - Arby's - Netflix

Arby's is an American quick-service fast-food sandwich restaurant chain with more than 3,300 restaurants system wide and third in terms of revenue. In October 2017, Food & Wine called Arby's “America's second largest sandwich chain (after Subway)”. Arby's is owned by Inspire Brands, the renamed Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. (ARG). ARG was renamed as the company took over ownership of Buffalo Wild Wings on February 5, 2018. Roark Capital Group acquired Arby's Restaurant Group in July 2011 and owns 81.5% of the company, with The Wendy's Company owning the other 18.5%. In addition to its classic Roast Beef and Beef 'n Cheddar sandwiches, Arby's products also include deli-style Market Fresh line of sandwiches, Curly Fries and Jamocha Shakes. Its headquarters are in Sandy Springs, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta which uses Atlanta mailing addresses. As of December 31, 2015, there were 3,342 restaurants. There are international locations in five countries outside the United States: Canada, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, and United Arab Emirates.

The Restaurant - Global locations - Netflix

Current Arby's locations: Canada Egypt (Planned to re-open in 2018) Kuwait Qatar South Korea (Camp Humphrey's Post Exchange, Pyeongtaek) Turkey United Arab Emirates United States Former Arby's countries: Australia (closed in the 2000s) Mexico (closed in the 2000s) Ecuador (closed in the 1990s) Brazil (closed in the 1990s) Chile (closed in the 1990s) Puerto Rico (closed in the 1990s) Japan (closed in the 1990s) Netherlands (closed in the 1990s) Poland (closed in the 1990s) United Kingdom (closed in 2001) Jordan (closed in late 1990s) Egypt (closed in late 1990s) Indonesia (closed in the 1990s) Philippines (closed in the 1990s) Malaysia (closed in the 1990s) Portugal (closed in late 1990s) Bahrain (closed in late 1990s) Taiwan (closed in late 1980s)

The Restaurant - References - Netflix